The Football Team takes on the swim team in a swim match

Back to Article
Back to Article

Alex DeGuia

Alex DeGuia

Alex DeGuia

Taya Questad, Editor-in-Chief

On Saturday, Oct. 5, Kamiakin’s very own football team accepted the the challenge to go against the Braves swim team. The meet was held at Kenneth Serier Memorial Pool in Kennewick. There was a total of 23 swimmers at this event.

This is my first year as head coach, so I thought it might be something fun to do,” said head coach Stephanie.

There was outstanding effort coming from both team. The swim team came in first but the was still outstanding performances coming from the boys with Aidan Canada coming in first in on race.

“I felt really good, and it was really fun.” Said sophomore Aidan Canada.

There were a number of race that day, with the football player not being swimmers they still held their ground. Each person put an extreme amount of effort in to this competition.

“There definitely was a lot of competition and my boys did well for what they are.” Said Senior Neal Berkeley

Neal Berkeley was the most races out of all the football players showing the people that he wasn’t gonna give up that easily. It definitely was a hard competition for each swimmer out there.

“I felt a little discouraged but you got to go on and maybe they can play a little game of football next.” say Berkeley.

It was definitely a great match to see.

“The kids all seemed to have a good time and it really was a fun event to watch.” said Coach Stephanie.

They all had a great time. With the swim team taking the win everyone still had a great time. The meet was a great outcome and something that the swim team has been trying to get approved for 5 years and this year coach Stephanie allowed it.

“… Maybe even start a tradition.” Said coach Stephanie.